B7 before viewing student responses ELA A10

I am doing responses to student espouses about Nelson Mandela and heroes. People love Nelson Mandela for what he did in the world.

1. Jazmyne- I don’t have a hero but I think that Nelson Mandela was a hero for everyone in Africa. He helped inspire many people and made changes in Africa for the better. I think that Nelson lived a very meaningful life and left footsteps that everyone could look up.

Response: I agree that Nelson Mandela was a hero for everyone in Africa. He inspired people by standing up for black freedom. He did live a very meaningful life and I betcha some people are wanting to follow in his footsteps but can’t because they are busy doing work. They can still believe in those things but not do anything about them.

2.  Jhiana M- My hero is Nelson Mandela because he stood up for something he believed in.

Response: That’s true, he believed in freedom for blacks. He stood by it until he died. He lived for a pretty long time so that means he stood by that for long. Things happened to him while he stood up for that. He got put in jail but he was still standing by that black freedom. Good for him. Now that he is gone someone else should stand by it and take his place.