Romeo and Juliet B7

Dearest Diary,

today was one of the worst days of my entire life. mercutio and benvolio dont know that i am married to the love of my life juliet. when should i tell everyone about my marriage? i just lost my bestfriend mercutio so he didnt even get to know that i was married. i shouldnt have gotten in the way of tybalt and mercutio. mercutios wound was bad but i just had to tell him it wasnt. it wouldnt have mattered if i said that anyway because he knew it was bad and he knew he was going to die. tybalt is the one who killed him. he slipped his sword under my arm and STAB. tybalt fought me but i was lightning fast with my sword. tybalt must have been pretty mad if he fought me. tybalt is actually a really good sword fighter but i killed tybalt. when i came to the town centre i wasnt sure which side to go on, the capulets or montagues, because i am now connected to both by blood. oh i am a murderer! i shouldve known what was going to happen. its all my fault! what if i get sent away to jail or somewhere far away from my wife. when my family hears of the fight they will be so mad. what if i get sent far away from verona? i just want to go see my wife juliet and have peace between our families. i wish i could kiss her and be happy the rest of my life. all i want is peace between the montagues and capulets. i fear that juliets family will hate me even more and not even want me near her. i guess they already want that but i have found my ways. tonight i am planning to go to juliets room and complete our marriage. i shouldnt have gone to that party and fell in love with her. i shouldve stayed back and not have let mercutio and benvolio convince me to go. maybe if i didnt go then i wouldnt have to worry about seeing juliet and being sad. but i love her. i dont see why i was ever in love with rosaline because my wife is perfect. what does my wife think about me? does she think that im going to jail and that im a murderer? i cannot have her thinking that… i want her to be happy with me and we can live a happy life. what will our future be like? i want to live a life as husband and wife. what is there left in life? if i lose juliet what will happen? when my parents find out about this hopefully they are not mad. i bet they will be. if my parents find out what will they do to me?

One thought on “Romeo and Juliet B7

1. Awesome persona writing, Olivia. I like that you picked some type of different way to demonstrate his frantic state of mind – by avoiding all the caps. If you’re going to pick something like that, at least you were consistent with it. You also included a range of concerns and fears he would have had. It seemed like you could easily get into his head, which demonstrates strong comprehension of the play and some cool insight into character motivations.
    I like what you created here! Thanks for sharing it.